How should I secure my password and help prevent other people from logging into my account?
First of all:
* Never share your password with anybody else. InsaneJournal will never initiate contact to ask for your password or to request you to log in due to account inactivity. * Use a password that cannot be easily guessed. A combination of letters (both lowercase and uppercase) and numbers is recommended. Avoid using the same password that you use on any of your other Internet accounts.
There are a few other simple precautions users should take to help further secure their InsaneJournal sessions:
* If you are using a computer that other people can access, your login should be set to expire when your browser closes. This will require you to manually log in the next time you use InsaneJournal. If your login is currently set to never expire, or auto-login, you can logout by clicking the "Logout" link at the top of the page, and then quitting your browser. Go to http://www.insanejournal.com/login.bml to change your login/logout settings.
* After logging out through the "Logout" link, quit your browser. Your logout will not be completely secure until you have quit your browser. After quitting the browser, it may be a good idea to restart the browser and come back to http://www.insanejournal.com/ to double-check and make sure you aren't being logged in automatically.
* Make sure the e-mail address you have listed with InsaneJournal is secure. If another person has access to read your e-mail, they will also have the ability to retrieve your InsaneJournal password. Go to http://www.insanejournal.com/editinfo.bml to check or change the e-mail address for your InsaneJournal account.
* If you have downloaded an InsaneJournal client on your computer, it is best not to have it set on auto-login with 'Remember Password' checked if the computer is accessible to other people.